Saturday 24 September 2016

Eco friendly cleaning products






Before giving birth to my daughter 3.5 years ago I didn't know much about nutrition, exercise or healthy lifestyle . For example I have never bothered with which dish soap, all purpose cleaning supplies or laundry detergent I was used. I just grabbed any product from shop shelves without knowing that some of these products are not good for your health, they can be packed with many chemical ingredients and dangerous for your health. My attitude towards healthy lifestyle changed after giving birth to my daughter. I started to be more interested in healthy lifestyle, eating healthy food, reading more about nutrition benefits but also started be more interested in cleaning products as well. I wanted to investigate what kind of products I am using to clean my home and if they are safe for mine and my families health. 
One of my favourite cleaning products which I used to purchase in United Kingdom and now in USA is  from a brand called Method. What I like is fact that they are using naturally derived ingredients with no lingering smells, or chemicals and best of all, it's eco friendly. Ingredients in their formulas, the packaging is also not excluded in their thought process. They are also assessed and scored by the Environmental Protection and Encouragement Agency. Method`s bottles are made from 100% recycled plastic. It's easy to refill original bottle (saving money). The bag has a roller bar so you can squeeze out the last drop which may not be possible with other manufactures..
I purchased my Method products from Target Shop. So accessibility is not an issue.




I am also trialling a new product Green Works, seems to tick all the boxes for now.



Was purchased TJMAXX, primarily for my daughter.

Another tip is using vinegar and baking soda for cleaning. This solution is very cheap and easy to produce at home .



To make your own bottle of cleaning products, I use one glass of vinegar,  two part water, add few drops of 100% pure essential oil ( it can be lavender, mint, rose or orange and others) mix product thoroughly and pour into bottle dispenser, creating a cleaning product without chemicals.


What do you recommend? are you Eco - friendly? 
Is this important for you ?






No comments:

Post a Comment

My New Blog

 I have published a new blog centered around healthy food, beauty and DIY recipes. Click here  to visit.