Sunday 2 October 2016

Juicer, is it worth it?







Freshly squeezed juices are very popular nowadays. Especially for people who appreciate healthy lifestyle. The shelves of supermarkets are full of readymade juices, but despite assurances of manufacturers, they are not as healthy and tasty as prepared at home.

Health authorities recommend we should consume 6-8 servings of fruits and vegetables per day. Producing Juice drinks is an effective way to virtually guarantee that we will achieve our daily target.

Unfortunately I decided to leave my Juice maker  in UK, due to the electrical wattage variance to USA .I missed my own home made juices and at the beginning I was purchasing  ready made "healthy juices"  from health shops, found them quite expensive. Last week  decided to purchase new juicer from Best Buy for $68 as the product  was on offer. I was so excited, same day I quickly grabbed the vegetables I had in the fridge  and made my own fresh, healthy juice . A fantastic feeling.

Advantages of drinking squeezed juices:
  • No additives enhancers.
  • We know what`s in the drinks.
  • Countless varieties of flavour combinations, you can change the ingredients, adjust portion sizes.
  • With additives such as: flaxseed ,chia juices can be made even healthier.
  • Drinking freshly squeezed juices are rich in vitamin and minerals.












After using the juicer for a week, am content with the product .Its simple to set up and use. Extracts well, powerful and fast, also it  is light enough to move in and out of a cupboard. Rubber feet, suction cups are extremely strong, there is no chance of the equipment vibrating itself during the making of juices. Easy to wash ( I always wash immediately after use). Cleaning process is made easier by the fact that the removable parts are dishwasher safe and a cleaning brush supplied.


Making juice is low time consuming, just wash fruit or vegetables and insert them into the juicer. I enjoy experimenting with new flavours, I try to add  new components. My absolute favourite is the juice of apples, celery, pears and spinach. I am making juices for purifying, strengthening and to help sustain weight.


What about You? Do you like to make your own fresh juices? or prefer to buy ready made?

If you know some cool recipes for juices please feel free to share with me:-)








No comments:

Post a Comment

My New Blog

 I have published a new blog centered around healthy food, beauty and DIY recipes. Click here  to visit.